Wolff Report July 2010Submitted by trinitypca_admin on Thu, 07/08/2010 - 4:03pm
Greetings from the Wolff Clan,
Solong Church Update: The Solong believers have asked us to return to PNG as soon as possible to help the church get back on its feet from the aftermath of the persecution and destruction of all their property. We wanted to go right away, but finances haven’t allowed that, and going during the summer months won’t work as rebuilding projects don’t work well while hiding from the wind and rain of the monsoon/rainy season.
We sent out cases of nails and other supplies to help, and the Solong Christians have begun rebuilding their homes on a new island, but we have recently lost contact with them because the church solar panels are gone, and they no longer have a way to charge the battery for the mission two way radio. I sent one of the Solong believers from town, to go assist them with the rebuilding and then come back with a report on how things are going. Hopefully he will return soon with a report on the state of the Solong Church.
What is happening now: We are planning to return to Papua New Guinea in September. To prepare for that, we are currently working on updating and printing copies of ALL the Solong translated materials, Old and New Testament, Bible lessons, Literacy materials and teachers manuals, so we will not only replace everything that was destroyed, but actually make them better. While in PNG we hope to rebuild the Solong Church Building at their new location, provide a fresh water source, continue on with corrections and edits to the Solong New Testament, and encourage the Solong believers in the Word.
Along with our work with the Solong Church in Papua New Guinea, Robina and I are also moving forward with other IGO projects… developing partnerships with national pastors and missionaries in East Africa and now in India. IGO is being contacted frequently by ministries around the world asking us to help train their missionaries. As finances allow, we will be getting involved in more and more of those projects.
Wolff Cub Update:
1. Emily, Kevin and Logan will be heading off as missionaries to Thailand in a couple months
2. Benjamin is continuing to work toward his missionary Pilot/Mechanic certification
3. Joshua & Brittany are working hard to finish High School
1. Pray for the finances needed to purchase tickets to Papua New Guinea, we still lack several thousand dollars.
2. Pray for Solong Church as they rebuild their lives in a new location.
3. Pray for IGO that we would have the resources and personnel to assist all the worthy God Honoring ministries around the world that are requesting our help.
Paul & Robina Wolff